Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Buffalo and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy bills low.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a big advantage for keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can try several other methods to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.