Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is normally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are some tips for saving energy in Buffalo and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility bills down.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a huge advantage for keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to effectively work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can try several other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you think it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 716-427-6807 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.