Scheduling regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your AC system in Buffalo running at its best performance while keeping electricity needs down. It also can even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a few jobs you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Sunbeam Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a few steps you can complete on your own as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large dose of home, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to add AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your AC equipment cleaned and inspected. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you may be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that can turn very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a clean cooling system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service may be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling equipment in the best order:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters block airflow and might decrease your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your system, since this can block airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Sunbeam Service Experts at 716-427-6807, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is turning on, operating and turning off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need further work, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable choice. Finding possible troubles promptly may solve more substantial problems down the road. This also gives you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you are seeking a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to select the ideal solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your tune-up? Contact us at 716-427-6807 or schedule an appointment online right away.