Scheduling yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your AC system in Buffalo running at its best performance while keeping utility needs down. It also can even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a few things you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Sunbeam Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that involves a big dose of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect season to get your AC unit cleaned and examined. Hesitating to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be a gamble. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you might be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that can become very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a clean air conditioning system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, cooling upkeep may be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling unit in the best state:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and can decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have fallen into your equipment, since this might block airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Sunbeam Service Experts at 716-427-6807, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and grass.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is turning on, operating and shutting off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need further work, we are ready to provide you the most reasonable solution. Finding possible issues promptly could solve more expensive problems later. This also gives you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to select the ideal solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to request your tune-up? Call us at 716-427-6807 or schedule an appointment online now.