There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Buffalo. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The experts at Sunbeam Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather reaches Buffalo, too. Take a look at some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace works at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Buffalo this season.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cool winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if bigger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Sunbeam Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Buffalo, give us a call at 716-427-6807 or schedule an appointment with Sunbeam Service Experts through our online scheduler.