We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review problems related to heating that Buffalo homeowners often call Sunbeam Service Experts about. Although there are theoretically hundreds of causes why your Buffalo home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Sunbeam Service Experts can quickly detect the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could advert almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, plenty of combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Remember – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a regular basis.
Contact Sunbeam Service Experts of Buffalo at 716-427-6807 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.