No matter what the season outside in Buffalo, the temperature inside your home determines how comfortable it will be. Set it just right and your space will seem like a enjoyable escape from the world. But if your HVAC system isn’t functioning correctly, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be pleasant.
It’s time for a deeper look at the manner you’re managing your home comfort system. It could make the difference between a stable system or a problematic performer. Try this short quiz from Sunbeam Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is almost here in Buffalo. How do you prepare your AC?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clear up the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will probably be fine.
- You’re having an event on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Advise my visitors to bring iced beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it functioning before guests arrive.
- Start my fans and wish for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor to pick one out and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and costs by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the fanciest system on the market in Buffalo.
- When you open your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will cost more. My heating and cooling bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be comparable to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I read it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your HVAC system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Find my toolbox and kill a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call a skilled technician to examine it.
- Block it out and hope it stops.
Time to add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you prepared a plan for down the road. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your HVAC perform better. Read on to see how.
New HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Set Up Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are useful tasks to prep your equipment for a different season, a professional maintenance visit is critical to finish the process. During a routine visit, your pro technician will manage a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency pro will look out for more urgent issues for your system. That could save you a high-priced breakdown in the future.
Select an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained home comfort systems can have issues sometimes. And it always seems to hit at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that critical service to homeowners at no additional cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Many HVAC systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make a plan now to escape last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and don’t ignore it when they radically change. Your power bills can show you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a steady hike in your costs but no change in home comfort, something is likely going on with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Take action when you detect an odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is amiss with your system. Even if it’s a comparatively small problem, left unchecked it could make for a costly repair in the future. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t maintain it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, additional costs and disappointment. And if your equipment just isn’t helping anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!