There are many gases that could be inside your Buffalo home. Natural gas and gases that derive from household furniture, carpeting and paints. Not one of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Sunbeam Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 716-427-6807 right away to get started defending your family against this harmful gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?
Carbon monoxide may be a life and death situation, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot observe it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It’s nonirritating in little doses and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of spent fuel. It can filter into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the airflow in a house, it could become fatal in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in clean air, you will need five hours to get it out of your bloodstream. It will take another five hours to decrease that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Act Like Other Illnesses
It could also mirror symptoms that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Defend Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several ways you can take to keep your family safe:
- Every residence with at least one fuel-burning furnace, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a detector on every level of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide system in your home?
Call Sunbeam Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 716-427-6807 to purchase one. Ask our techs about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you currently have a carbon monoxide detector, frequently check or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, get out of your home without delay and call 911.
Keep Your Family Safe with Support from Sunbeam Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your family can be safe from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Sunbeam Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 716-427-6807 to learn more.