Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit abruptly breaks down. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a service technician to arrive. Talk about a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this situation. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts highly recommend servicing it a minimum of once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, avoiding potential problems and increasing its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time to get that done. This enables you to identify and repair potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is past, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioner tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Careful inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioner for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your home every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals question if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your air conditioning every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean AC system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on premature replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or system replacements.
To optimize your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and price range. You’ll enjoy several perks no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, routine AC maintenance is very important for boosting performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with qualified Experts, complete maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.