Air conditioners don’t work forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Buffalo, you could be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few points to think over, as well as the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your home comfy. An updated air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Sunbeam Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any large short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your residence comfier and lowering your monthly utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Sunbeam Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your full system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 716-427-6807 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.