Air conditioners don’t run forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several points to think about, as well as the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Sunbeam Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both units at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any big short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system fails. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your residence comfier and lowering your ongoing heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Sunbeam Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your full system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 716-427-6807 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.