When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have safe drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first think about going the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets costly almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up contaminating the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Sunbeam Service Experts to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main after severe storms. While generally harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to bring steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Sunbeam Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Sunbeam Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.