Prevention is the most critical place to start. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Buffalo.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when run correctly but can make carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are running accurately, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Sunbeam Service Experts.