Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by partial fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed wrong.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also create carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at high levels or with prolonged exposure.